Tuesday 27 April 2010

First Post is the Best Post


I'm starting a Blog (duh), which is something that I never thought that I would do. I have always liked reading blogs written by others-- I even follow a few blogs of close friends and family--but I never really considered writing my own, because I don't think I'm that interesting: who would want to read about the escapades of little ole me? I'm not especially astute or verbally gifted, and my day to day life is fairly normal. I was once asked by my sister to write a guest post for her blog "The Misadventures" and my response to her request was "about what?" The bottom line is I don't have that many interesting things to say...

Well, times are a-changin'...and I believe that in the near future I am going to have some interesting things to write about. I have just enrolled in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition Professional Training Program with the goal of becoming a Certified Holistic Health Counselor. Over the course of the year, this formal training program will give me the tools that I need to counsel others around food and lifestyle choices. Of course, in addition to learning how to help others, I will be learning how to live a better life through eating good, whole food and taking care of myself. Hopefully, I will be able to open a health counseling business by this time next year.

My hope is that this blog will serve as a place for me to share my journey: to post pictures and thoughts about the program and about life. I'm excited to have the opportunity to support people in creating happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives for themselves. So welcome to my blog...I hope you find something interesting to read here...

Sincerely,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment