Monday 26 July 2010

Health Counseling Update

In addition to writing this blog, cooking healthy food, and enjoying summery activities, I've also been busy with my IIN health counseling program. Since classes began in April, I've mostly been listening to the modules, experimenting with whole foods and doing supplementary research on my own (mostly in the form of reading, reading and reading, but also playing around with my diet).

On the business front I'm trying to get a better picture of what I want my counseling practice to look like (ideally). Who my "target market" will be, and what other kinds of services I can offer besides counseling (grocery store tours etc.).

Toward the end of August, I will receive a certificate from IIN that approves me to start officially seeing clients. Until then I will be practicing initial health history consultations like crazy with any and everyone.

The initial Health History consultation is a free, laid-back meeting that can be done in person or by phone. The Health History is a way for you to get a sense of what it would be like to work with me to address any health/nutrition/wellness issues you have.

If you are interested in helping me with my health histories, if you would like more information, or if you have a completely unrelated question, please email me at:

AllisonNichols.HC@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment