Wednesday 21 July 2010

Tuesday is Fish Night

So it's taken more than a while to get back into the groove of cooking at home (and documenting the cooking) than I thought it would. Our weeks have been busy and weekends action packed. We are just now starting to take control and hold ourselves accountable for the cooking and the eating.

In an effort to get back on track, M and I have instituted Fish Tuesdays. M loves fish. I love fish. We savor the experience of ordering it at restaurants, so M figured, why not make more fish at home? Now that we have the grill, it's super quick and superier easy.

M's Rosemary Halibut

Ingredients:
Halibut (we got the pre-portioned version from Whole Foods)
Olive oil
Rosemary (fresh or dried)
Oregano
Fresh lemon juice

We coated the fish with the olive oil, oregano and rosemary and topped with lemon juice. M popped them on the grill for about 10 minutes.

The fish lady at Whole Foods talked us into buying some expensivo lemons-- Meyer lemons from California. I was sold from the moment I saw them...the most beautiful lemons I've ever encountered.

Chester liked them too

We snacked on some California rolls while the fish was cooking.

I whipped up some balsamic tomatoes a la our favorite restaurant, Raso's Grille. They serve these puppies with their baked haddock dish-- to die for. I diced up a tomato, added some olive oil, garlic and some Maple Grove Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Completed the meal with a little seaweed salad (my favorite)


For dessert we had delicious blueberries that I picked up at the Copley Farmer's Market. I forgot how awesome fresh blueberries are! I'm probably never going to buy berries from the grocery store again...These berries in particular brought me back to the days when my best friend lived next to a blueberry farm. We would pick, legit, five pounds of blueberries each...and eat them over the course of a day or two. Blueberry fiends...good times.

Fish Tuesdays have been a huge success so far! I can't wait to try out a different kind of fish next week. Now I have another food day to look forward to...in addition to Fancy Pizza Sunday...more on that one another time.

2 comments:

  1. I was excited to read you love Meyer lemons as much as we do. Meyer Lemons are like love. Sometimes hard to find, but well worth the wait.

    Where I live we don't have easy access to fresh Meyer lemons. But I've figured out a solution. What I do is just go online (http://www.buy-meyer-lemon.com/ ) and order directly from growers that pick them right off the trees and ship them direct — a tip I learned from my cousin in Canada. This way I get fresh Meyer lemons picked from the tree without all the time sitting in cartons, trucks and warehouses on their way to market where they lose their freshness.
    Janet Hume
    Moundville, Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janet! That's a great idea...I'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete