Friday 30 July 2010

A Moment of Wisdom

I'm currently flying through Michael Pollan's Food Rules, an Eater's Manuel. The book is a how-to guide that reaches both those who are clueless and those who are tuned in. I would definitely recommend reading this book, and definitely recommend gifting it to someone you love.

The book is based around Pollan's simple rule: "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants." It's broken down into three sections (What Should I Eat? What kind of food should I eat? How should I eat?)in which Pollan provides simple sayings and rules of thumb that he has acquired throughout his travels.

I wanted to share a rule or two (a moment of wisdom, if you will) from the first section of the book--to give you a taste and get you hooked.

No. 11 Avoid food you see advertised on television

No. 13 Eat only foods that will eventually rot (aka NOT McDonalds burgers)

Buy it! NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment