Friday 2 July 2010

En Vacances

Not that you're wondering where I went....but I went on vacation. A family vacation, to be exact, on the beautiful island of Martha's Vineyard. M and I spent the week beating my mother and her M at tennis (which I haven't played since elementary school gym), and floating in the ocean. It was a much needed break from the hustle and bustle of Boston and our jobbies.

While on the Island, M and I designed a "boot camp" work out for my Mama and Aunt. They attend a so-called "boot camp" back in VT two or three times a week. I put "boot camp" in quotations, because at this "boot camp" they are allowed to use 6lb weights...which, in my opinion, do not a boot camp make. So one sunny morning, we subjected them to a bum-kicking workout...


"McCay"

Warm-up:
250m jog
Arm circles
Leg swings
Other stuff

Workout:
30 Overhead squats (with 6lb weights in each hand)
250m run
30 Burpees (modified)
250m run
30 Turkish get-ups (15 R, 15L, unweighted)
250m run
30 Sit-ups
250m run
30 Push-ups

They did the whole thing in about 17 minutes! YAY family! M and I taught them some moves to take back to their "booty camp," as Mama's M calls it. It was so humid and hot out that we were dripping with sweat...and I mean DRIPPING...like I couldn't see...too much info? Good thing we had the ocean nearby!

Our trip to MV was a much needed break from the stresses of our day jobs. I think everyone should take advantage of the summer weather and take some time off from work. Vacation hours for everyone! So many people don't use their vacation time-- or use enough of it...Taking time away from work is important for recuperating...and regenerating your motivation and creativity...at least for me.

Anyone else going on vacation this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment